Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A quick note

This is going to be a short post. Not formatted like the others. I just have some updates to throw out. First of all - I have hit the 10 pound mark. I can't believe that I have lost that much weight so quickly. It appears that my body is bouncing back and it is a weight burning machine. I got up at 5:15 this morning and did a 1 mile run. It was a very slow run, but I want to ease back into this to avoid injury. It was very peaceful running in the dark this morning all alone.  Last night we decided that the half marathon I am going to do is going to be in St Augustine FL on November 17 at 7:00 am. It is the only one that is feasible at this point due to the constraints (not too early, not too far away, etc...) I don't think that I have ever been there so it will be exciting. It will also be a chance for the Brown's to get away and spend some time together before the baby arrives.

How I am going to succeed:

1. Be prepared - I am going to get everything ready for my run the night before to eliminate wasting time looking for things. I will wear my running shirt and shorts to sleep in, plug my watch and phone up the night before. No excuses

2. Start Slow - Last time I jumped into running I ended up injuring myself, and made running no fun. Though I am stubborn I am going to force myself to just focus on getting the miles under me instead of time. The time will come naturally as I become in better shape.

3. Focus - It is time to get everything in order, I am cutting my golf back to once a week to allow me to get other things done. At this point I have a full schedule after work everyday, Monday - Class until 8:00, Tuesday - Golf, Wednesday - Church, Thursday - Golf, Friday- House Work. It is just too much. I am hoping that if I cut back a day of golf I can do other things on that day and free up the weekend a little bit. I have to see the start line before I can see the finish.

4. Be dedicated - I have a plan, I must stick to it, rain or shine ( I would imagine at 5:15am I wont see any shine) I know there are times in which I am going to want to lay in the bed and get that extra 45 minutes of sleep, but really it is ONLY 45 minutes. Saturdays will be the hard ones for me, but if I get up early think how much I can get done during the day.

5. Pay Attention - Pay attention to my body, if I need to slow down during a run, slow down. If I have pain fix it. Pay attention to my surroundings. I am running in the dark in Macon most people would probably cringe at the thought, but I feel like as long as I pay attention to what is around me I will be okay. Juliet made me go buy a reflective vest last night on my way to class so that makes me feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment