Sunday, September 8, 2013

CHANGE IN PLANS

THE MUNCHIES
This week has been much easier. I have found I can eat a lot of different things. Juliet actually made me spaghetti last night... don't worry NO MEAT. She replaced the meat in mine with black beans. It was actually pretty good. I was surprised honestly. I have come to realize that bean burritos are my friend. Juliet loves to go eat mexican food. So I have been getting two bean burritos and today I added rice. I actually enjoyed it. My other love I have found is Hummus with Pita Bread. My Running has still been on hold due to LIFE.. I have made the decision that I cannot do my running in the afternoon due to me being so busy (school, work, golf, house work, church, etc...) Today Juliet and I were talking to someone at church and they asked about my half marathon I had planned for november 9... I just hung my head and said I don't think I am going to be able to do it.... Juliet asked me a little later if I was really not going to do it... I can't give up... so we decided after looking at the cost of the race I had planned and the Hotels being crazy expensive that I will do a different one. I call her my manager, since she has selected every race I have done except for 1.. and that 1 that I selected for myself ended up being a trail race half marathon that almost killed me.... no trail races for me. So we are going to look into it to figure it out tonight.... I also have decided to begin doing my running in the mornings before work since It is cooler and I do not have any excuses other than "i'm tired"(I will get over that one. More to come....


BABY BROWN

The baby is moving and kicking all of the time these days. it is so amazing to me to feel it hit my hand. it really blows my mind that my baby is so close to me. the only thing that separates us is what I refer to as "The Mommy Belly." I hope the world is ready for a little one to be here because I know mommy and daddy are ready. On another note I am one step closer or should I say one board closer to finishing the nursery. I was able to get one corner finished the other day and then I cut 2 or 3 pieces wrong after so I stopped. but at least that one is right...

THE BROWN'S NEST
the "gate" I talked about last week is more of an actual gate. My uncle, who is a miracle worker with metal, came and we actually got it to sit straight, made it so I could lock it with a padlock and made it swing freely. I also realized that I can cut my grass with this new lawnmower in about 20 minutes. I was able to do it during halftime of the UGA game yesterday. haha. Even though I wanted them to lose at least I was productive during half time.

THE GREAT REVEAL
Today I participated in my 1st Lord's Supper as a Deacon. Yes, I was ordained as a deacon in March and we have had a few since then, but somehow I was out of town on every occasion. So it felt good to finally be able to serve my church and to take part in this great service. During the service I began to really think about the representation, and everything that God has done for me and the blessings he pours out on me and my family even though I do not deserve it. I guess I should have thought about this before and I am sure that I have, but I find myself usually doing the powerpoint or the sound board and being busy during it. Today, I keep getting the feeling that God has something in the works he is about to reveal to me. I am not sure what or why but I am open and ready. God has given me skills and abilities and I intend on using them for whatever he has planned since they belong to him anyway. Please pray for me and my family, that I will be opened to whatever it is that God is going to have me to do and I will follow in which ever direction he wants me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment