Friday, November 29, 2013

changes

It has been a while since my last post. Mainly because I have been confused, confused about my health and my training. Yes I did complete the Half Marathon in St. Augustine. No I didn't make my goal time of 2:30:00... it was actually 2:32:50.... I know you are thinking. 2 minutes and 50 seconds too slow and you are disappointed? Yes I am disappointed and concerned.. Not because I didn't make my time but because of the pain I felt afterwards, and the amount of time it took me to recover. after a week I was still hurting in my ankle and the lack of energy, and the foggy feeling I had all of the time. After doing some research I came to get the feeling that I was showing all of the signs of being anemic, which I found out happens to some vegans. So I had a decision to make: Do I try to tweak my diet or do I re-evaluate my long term goals and determine what direction to go.

After thinking about this and doing more research and sitting down and really trying to determine what I want to do, I decided that I wanted to stop living the vegan lifestyle. I decided that my long term goals are to put on muscle, get much stronger, and to shape my body and get healthy. So starting this past Tuesday I have slowly been easing back into eating meat. so after 2.5 months and 30 lbs shredded I have changed back.

WHAT IS MY PLAN??
I am going to hit the gym as hard as I can. I am going to do 20 minutes of cardio 2 times per day. I am going to eat every 3 hours. I am going to become the best that I can be. I am starting a 12 week program and I will not cheat, I will not skip a workout, and I will not falter. I want more for me and my family.

BABY BROWN UPDATE:
Baby Brown is growing and growing and growing. I am getting to the point now that I am so ready to meet the munchkin. I feel like I am being tortured, it is literally like waiting for Christmas. I feel like I have a present under the tree but I can't open it. let me rephrase that it is like have a present under the tree that you know what it is and you have wanted for a long time but you have to wait. I know it will be worth the wait.

That is all for now. I promise to keep you posted. Tonight is my first workout and it is legs day. it is going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment