Sunday, October 20, 2013

WORRIED

As I sit in my chair I am feeling a great amount of pain in my hip joint. Not on the outside but it seems to be inside the joint. This injury seems to be one that haunts me. It came up during my Marathon and is one in which ended my running in the past. So far on my "comeback tour" it has been a hit-or-miss pain. Some days I run and I feel nothing, and then somedays like today I don't do anything yet the pain shoots all of the way down my right leg. I am beginning to be concerned. I am going to take a few days off this week, do some work on the bike and possibly do a short run on Saturday morning instead of the 11 miles on the schedule. It is too early in the week to decide that but I am going to keep it in the back of my mind. I am going to listen to my body. I have a half marathon in 27 days 14 hours and 54 minutes and I cannot afford to be injured. I am also thinking that I am going to make an appointment with a doctor to see about it. I just don't want to run through the pain and end up seriously injuring myself. I just hope that this injury doesn't stop my marathon goal in January.

On a more positive and happy note I got on the scale this morning and I am down to 240 lbs. I have officially lost 20 pounds in a month and a half. I was shocked when I discovered that I lost 2 pounds this week. I found myself telling Juliet today that I am not planning on eating meat ever again. WHAT?!?! I can't believe that I am considering never eating meat again. It is weird. We are about to be in a time where the real test is going to occur - THANKSGIVING. No turkey, no dressing, no ham, no macaroni and cheese, etc.... this is going to be intense. but I am just going to focus on the fact that I have been down that road, I know where it leads. It leads to 260 lbs. Now that I think about it It will not be that big of a deal haha.

Please throw a prayer out for me and the hip pain. I have to do what is best for me but my goals are out there and I want to reach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment