Friday, October 25, 2013

Running again soon?

The answer is yes. Yes, my dear running watch. I know it has been a while. 7 days to be exact. YES I have been counting. I have forgotten how terrible I feel when I don't run and how it changes my entire demeanor (don't believe me? ask Juliet she can tell you how cranky I am when I don't run). If you read my last post then you know that I am/was injured. 
 
I went to the chiropractor yesterday. The chiro did an x-ray and thank goodness nothing was fractured, cracked, broken, or damaged that he could tell. He was able to tell that I was all out of alignment.
 
Before I tell you what he did, I want to start by saying, after my work at GEICO and dealing with people who see chiropractors for 3 months after a car accident in which only a mirror got knocked off, I don't have a hole lot of faith in the chiro practice and I pretty much think it is a "voodoo" type of treatment.  I went into this appointment to just make sure I wasn't broken inside my hip bone or anything. I could see by the x-ray that I was twisted to the side. I could see it in my hip, my spine and my pelvis. so the doc made me lay on the table he felt my ankles and determined my entire right side was "out of alignment" and he grabbed the ankle and nearly jerked me off of the table HAHA. he did a few other adjustments in my lower back and sent me on my way. The good thing I got out of the appointment was that I not only could run, but that I MUST run. They want me to test it out and come back next week. So that means my long run is on for tonight. 10 miles - I can't wait. it is a good thing because the half marathon is 22 days: 23 hours: and 31 minutes away.
 
BABY BROWN
The munchkin is doing well. Mama Brown is tired but moving along. The room is painted. I have begun to put the doors back on the closets in the room. We are planning on an IKEA trip in the morning to have some time to ourselves shopping for the baby stuff. I have no idea what Mama Brown is wanting to get for the room there so it will be exciting.
 
THE GREAT REVEAL
This week God has shown me that apparently he wants me to be a "handy man" haha. when we bought our house they had just put in a new A/C and Gas furnace.  Well the A/C has been working all summer but the heat has never been turned on. I decided this week it would probably be wise to test it since the weather is getting cold here. It didn't cut on - Worst feeling ever. I know nothing about furnaces, or heating units other than where the thing is under the house. I only know that because I have had to go under the house a million times since we bought the house to run cables, or water lines, etc. Well somehow I managed to get the thing running. It appears the gas was turned off. so I turned it on and sat and smelled to make sure no gas was leaking out or anything and we were good to go. I also stopped a leaking shower this week by replacing the washer in the handle.  It amazes me how God has given me the knowledge, the resources, and the understanding to handle issues or improvements in the house.

WEIGH IN
I weighed this morning. I am officially 22 pounds lighter than I was 2 months ago. 238 pounds. It is weird to me when I thought before I still have 40 pounds to go it seemed like such a big thing but 38 pounds is no big deal. If I lose 13 more pounds I will be at my 1st marathon weight but that isn't enough.

So, why am I doing all of this?
This seems to be the question on everyone's mind. Why do you want to run that far? why did you give up meat? Why are you so worried about your health now?

The reason is: The Munchkin, and Juliet. I want this baby to see that being active and healthy is the way to be. The world is full of health issues, and just in my side of the family diabetes, heart disease, strokes, thyroid problems, cancer, degenerative back disease, etc run rampant. I run because to me every step that I take lowers the chance of me dealing with these issues. I also don't want to have a son or daughter that sits in the house and plays video games non-stop. The other reason I run is because it clears my mind, it makes me mentally tough, and it gives me time to think and pray about the things I care about and the decisions I am making. Yes, I know running 10 miles on a Friday night or Saturday morning is not most people's idea of a good time, but to me that is my time. My time to release the stress of the week, to push myself to the limits, and to get a grasp on where I am going to go in my life. I dare you to try it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment