Tuesday, October 1, 2013

GET A LITTLE PEP IN YO' STEP

Do you ever wake up with a pep in yo' step? This morning was kind of like that. I will have to admit when that alarm went off at 5:00 I did not want to get up and go running!!! (yes that is 3 exclamation marks) But I always know in the back of my mind that I will feel better after my run, So I got up and headed out the door. Today I had 2 miles on the schedule. Since yesterday was a long day, Month end process at work, that was also quarter end. I was there until 5 and then I had class form 5:30 - 8. Mondays are always crazy because of the class thing going on and last night my dinner ended up being a few Pita Chips despite Juliet threatening to beat me. They are totally my favorite thing to eat, but not very good fuel for running the next morning. Those 2 miles this morning were a little difficult. Not too bad but tough.

I am pretty sure that Juliet was having a sugar high after eating her Lucky Charms this morning or else it was the sleep she has been getting since she got her recliner to sleep in. She was dancing and laughing and all kinds of stuff this morning which always makes me happy. I decided that I was going to make today great no matter what the circumstances. It is golf day how can it be a bad day?---- FORE

BABY BROWN

Baby Brown seems to be growing like a weed. I can now see the little kicks and punches being thrown when Juliet lays down. This kid is possibly going to be a Boxer or MMA fighter from the power it has. Juliet said this morning that the baby was dancing around as soon as she woke up and continued to say "I think we are in trouble with this one." I told her we are going to get paid back for all of the things that she did growing up. We wont have much to worry about the things that I did growing up because I was an angel haha. Hey this is my blog I can say what I want and you have to believe it. Like the commercial says "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true"

NURSEY UPDATE

This past weekend we found a light for the nursery and it has been installed and is working. I also changed the light switch for it. We are getting close.

Things left to do:
  • Paint the Ceiling
  • Paint the Trim work
  • 2nd coat of paint on the walls
  • DONE and waiting for furniture
TRAINING UPDATE
Last Saturday I ran in a 10.2K in Warner Robins. It was both harder and easier than I expected. what I mean is my time was better than expected 1:06 for 6 miles. but if you think about it 6 miles does not equal 10.2km. At the end of the race a handful of us took a wrong turn and got the finish line coming the wrong direction. and ending up short or 6 miles. I was mad, mad at myself for not trusting my gut and turning with others when I knew it was too short. So immediately my logical mind kicked in and I got over it. I thought "I am only running in this thing to get my 6 mile training run" the problem was that I was short of my 6 miles. So I told Juliet that the could go to the car because I was going to get my training distance. So I ran through the parking lot until I reached my 6 miles. I was very sore afterwards and I seem to have pain in my hip (much like during my marathon) but it only hurts when I walk. It goes away when I run. Does that mean I should never walk again and maybe just run all the time? that would be weird at Walmart or somewhere. I have 2 miles tomorrow morning, Thursday and Friday and a long 7 mile run on Saturday. I am going to get that 7 miler done early so I can do other stuff the rest of the day.


THE GREAT REVEAL
This morning I did my running and came in got ready and ate breakfast. Juliet was getting ready so I sat down in the recliner and looked out at the backyard of course it was still dark so I couldn't really see anything. I had a sense of peace. I think this is the first moment I have slowed down in a while. It is strange to think about how I am always on the go. Either work, School, House work, Yard work, Golf, Church, running, Sleeping, etc.... the list goes on and on. So anyway I sat there and stared out into the darkness and began to think about this post. I thought about how God has provided for me. I began to think about where I have been where I am now and where I am headed. I never thought I would be married, owning a house, with a baby on the way. Mainly because 5 years ago I said I didn't want any of that. I decided that I would never get married because "I liked being single" I said buying a house was a waste of money and I had no desire to do it "I would rent forever" and I definitely did not want kids because if "I do my life is over". It is amazing how God changes your heart when you let him, and how things just seem to fall into place if you just get out of the way and let him work. Now I couldn't imagine life being different. This baby isn't even born, yet I find myself thinking about what it will be like. What it's likes and dislikes will be, what will it look like, who it will act like(scary thought knowing my family Wink Wink - pawpaw). Then the big question comes and I begin to feel uneasy. "Will I be a good father?" I don't know why this is on my mind a lot. Juliet seems to think that I will be a great dad and tells me that often, but I guess I just want to make sure. It is a scary thought that another human's life will be in my hands. I guess the fact that I think about this will help to ensure that I am a good father.

I feel like I have begun to ramble so I am going to end this post. MORE COMING SOON.


No comments:

Post a Comment